Q: Hot air from the AC

The AC is blowing out hot air. It could be the expansion valve, but I am not sure.

Having a broken A/C is very unfortunate, not to mention uncomfortable. There can be several reasons why your Mercury’s Air Conditioning is blowing out hot air and you are correct to believe that the expansion valve could be one of them. However, it is also just as likely that the A/C system is low on refrigerant. To determine if the expansion valve is indeed the problem, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to stop by and look over your vehicle. They will be able to diagnose the A/C system in your Mercury Montego in person and determine exactly why it is not blowing cold. They will also be able to assist you in making the necessary repairs to keep you and your passengers cool on those hot days.

3. Hot air from the AC