Q: Hose replacement due to overheating.

My BMW is overheating. I'm hoping it only needs the hose replaced, but I am not sure.

If your vehicle is overheating I would first recommend checking your coolant level. The information on how to do this can be found in your owners manual. Make sure the vehicle is cooled down before checking your coolant level. Low coolant is one of the most common causes of overheating. If the coolant level is low there is likely a leak in the cooling system. The leak can be found by having a cooling system pressure test performed by a technician. If the coolant level is not low, there may be a restriction in your cooling system or an air pocket. The technician will be able to determine which of these is your issue and will be able to correct the issue accordingly.