Q: Hose leaking badly

I have a bad leak and my Check Engine light is coming on. I might need a hose replaced.

If you have a bad coolant leak then that needs to be found and repaired first as you do not want the engine to overheat. If you cannot tell for sure where the leak is, then a mechanic would typically do a pressure test of the cooling system. It is common for a hose to leak, but even more common for the heater hose adaptors to leak at the engine. The computer also needs to be scanned for codes. This would need to be done with a code reader. With the codes on hand a mechanic would be able to tell if the codes are there because of the coolant leak or if there is another issue. I recommend having a mechanic locate the source of any leaks and make the repairs needed to prevent further issues.

3. Hose leaking badly