Q: Horn on 2003 Kia Sorrento ex will only blow sometimes & dash light will only work sometimes.

I just recently bought this 2003 kia sorento ex from a dealer with 200,000 miles on it. Seems to be in great shape but the day after i bought it home i noticed the horn wouldnt blow & then several attempts later it worked but its still not working properly sometimes its blows sometimes it wont. I hadnt driven it any at night but was goin to & noticed the high beam indicator (blue light in dash) did not illuminate so after switching back & forth it did then illuminate but still same problems sometimes it works & sometimes it dont . Also all of dash lights such as warning lights upon cranking the vehicle sometimes do not illuminate either. Do u think this is a combined related problem or several differnt parts issues? What do u think may be going on as i purchased this as is no warranty but seems to run great..check engine light did come on & i had advance auto check it & got code po174 which was told it may be 02 sensor

There are three different things going on with your vehicle. There is a loose ground wire to the dashboard lights to the frame, a clock spring in the horn maybe broken or damaged, and the multi-function switch has failed causing the headlight indicator to not work. Check all of the wiring in the steering column and the horn clock spring. Look under the dash for any loose or unplugged wires. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Horn on 2003 Kia Sorrento ex will only blow sometimes & dash light will only work sometimes.