Q: Horn does not function when needing to warn vehicles

For three or more times when it was a necessity to warn another vehicle in order to prevent a collision, my car’s horn has not functioned. For example when another car was changing lanes and wasn’t looking or when a car was backing out of the driveway and the driver isn't concentrating. For the horn to work, I have to press extremely hard in the large center of the steering wheel. It is very difficult to activate and I’m a very strong guy! There is way too much resistance when I push in the steering wheel’s center. It can be very dangerous to see a car backing into you and not being able to warn them, thus causing an unnecessary accident. What do you suggest as the solution for this horn problem?

There may be a problem with the contacts of the horn switch inside the steering wheel. It could be corrosion or just a worn out switch. A technician must gain access to the switches and inspect the circuits for any other faults in order to diagnose the horn problem. Until then, just try to be extra cautious on the roads. There is never a good time for an accident. You may likely be able to have this addressed at the dealer since the car is still relatively new and should be under warranty.