Q: Hooked the car to a computer a tune up and the o2 sensor came up.

Everytime I turn the car on or go to move from a stop my car seems to lose power and jerks. I went through a large puddle once and the car jerked again and shut off while driving. When driving up hills I have the floor it just to make it up. I do not have a lot of money to work with; around $100

A: Based on the information you gave, these ma...

Based on the information you gave, these may be different issues. The loss of power and jerking are indicators that you probably have a misfire. I would suggest replacing your distributor cap, distributor rotor, spark plug wires and spark plugs and go from there.

The stalling may have been caused by water striking the fan and putting a significant load on the engine. It could also be caused by water intrusion into the intake or even shorting out an electrical component. I have a feeling that your Check Engine Light is also illuminated indicating a stored diagnostic trouble code. If you would like this checked, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can help determine the cause of your car’s loss of power.