Q: Q: Hood will not open

My 06 kia rio hood release cable is broken cable pulls thru and into car how can I get my hood open thanks in advance

3. Q: Hood will not open

Q: Difficulty shifting out of park. 2005 Lincoln Zephyr

Hi there. This issue can be caused by a misadjusted brake light safety switch, or a misadjusted (or failing) shiftlock interlock switch. Both of these are safety mechanisms which require the brake pedal to be pressed firmly before moving the...

Q: Q: speedometer not working

The vehicle would need to be lifted and the cable checked to see if it is turning. If it is, then the speedometer is bad. If the cable does not turn, then disconnect it from the transmission and see if...

Q: Hard to get into first gear

This may suggest failing transmission synchros. As you may know, when a clutch drags, it is not letting go of the disk fully which overloads the synchros and burns up the friction surfaces quickly. Synchros work by speeding up or...