Q: Hood not opening when using latch

When I pull the driver's side hood latch, the hood does not pop open. The battery is dead, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I tried using a screwdriver through the front of the hood to slide the latch, but that does not work. I even tried pulling the cord from the driver's side latch suing pliers, but that doesn't work either.

It is common for the latches to get a bit stuck sometimes. A bit of a nudge on the hood while you are pulling on the release lever might do the trick. If not the cable could possibly be broke or stretched to the point where it is no longer pulling the release lever enough. The battery issue is not associated with this problem and will be a separate issue. If the nudge does not work, consider giving YourMechanic a call. A mechanic will be able to determine if the cable has stretched and replace it if needed.

3. Hood not opening when using latch