Q: Hood latch not opening hood

The hood latch won't open the hood on my car. The engine oil is also very low.

A: Hello. If the oil is low then you need to g...

Hello. If the oil is low then you need to get the hood opened to be able to add more. It is common for this engine to lose oil from oil leaks and from burning it internally. As for the hood, it is common for the hood latch cable to brake at the lever inside of the vehicle. I would check and see if it is connected to the latch. If not then that can be taken apart and fixed. If it is connected then the hood latch is broken. I would typically get the vehicle in the air and remove the lower skid plates. With those removed, you can access the latch with a long angled pry bar to to release the hood and repair the issue. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your office to get the hood opened and fix your oil issue.