Q: hood latch locked before could. Lose hood and now hood is jammed and can't get it unjammed

I went to close my hood and must have bummed my hood latch witch caused it to lock before I could close my hood. So I didn't realize that it was locked already and I ended up closing the hood anyway. Now the hood is jammed and I can't get it open or unjammed. I tried to mannnually open it and even tried to pull the hood release lever.

Hi there:

If the hood was having a problem closing and won’t open now, it’s typically an indicator that the hood latch itself is damaged or simply needs to be lubricated. The best way to have this issue repaired or diagnosed is to contact a professional mechanic and have them complete a door will not open inspection. This will allow them to determine why the front hood on your 96 Ford Explorer is locked and recommend the right repairs.

• hood latch locked before could. Lose hood and now hood is jammed and can't get it unjammed