Q: Hole in mufler making car sound louder. Is this immediate MOT fail?

rusty with a single hole mufler making car noiser. The hole present in top side of mufler. I expect this fail the car in the MOT I'm preparing it for, what do you think? I'm obviously looking to fix it urgently but running out of time for MOT. Also, is it best replacing the whole exhaust pipe inc mufler or just mufler because the price of parts on Europarts website is the same. Any other suggestion where to buy good quality parts from?

Many thanks, Ned

A: Hi there. If the hole is just in the muffle...

Hi there. If the hole is just in the muffler then you only will need to replace that. The pipes will not need to be replaced unless they are showing signs of weakness. It is important that you get this taken care of as soon as possible as that leak can cause further issues. You can purchase a new muffler at the dealer or most exhaust shops will have replacements available at a much better price.