Q: Highway speeds interfere and distort Bluetooth

When I am driving at highway speeds, 45+ mph, my Bluetooth system is useless. I can not hear any callers and when I do talk on the system, the people to whom I talk tell me that it is very distorted. They also say that it sounds like I have the windows open. I’ve been to the dealership, but they didn’t fix it. I also contacted corporate Land Rover, but they didn’t help at all. Do you know what I need to do to fix my Bluetooth system?

Hello. If the original bluetooth system is unable to be repaired, another option that you have is to remove the original bluetooth system with an aftermarket system. It sounds like there may be some interference with the bluetooth connection and it is possible that the original radio unit is what is causing that interference. You should be able to find an aftermarket bluetooth radio for your vehicle online and/or local audio shops.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider contacting YourMechanic, as a qualified professional will be able to diagnose the issue with your radio unit and suggest a fix from there. Best of luck.