Q: Highway driving or when stopped, minivan stalls and quits

There have been many times while driving when my minivan’s engine stalled or totally stopped running. It has also happened while sitting at red lights. The engine would cut out or stall upon acceleration and the transmission would feel as if it wanted to start slipping. When this would happen, both the brakes and the steering would become inoperable. There have been many times that this has happened on the interstate and also while driving in the city. There was one incident where the engine completely stalled and then would not start. I took the van to the dealership for a maintenance check and they told me that moisture coming from down behind the cowling/deflector on the lower part of the windshield had caused the computer to get wet. Now I will have to have the computer replaced. I would appreciate your assessment of my car’s condition and any suggestions or advice. Thank you.

3. Highway driving or when stopped, minivan stalls and quits