Q: High idle

I got a squrreil in my air filter and it chewed a hole in it I cleaned my air control value and I pull some of the air filter out of the air control value and the idle is really high

Hello. A high idle can be caused a few different things. If a squirrel chewed up your air filter it may be possible that it chewed on an intake hose, or another part of the intake tubing, which is now causing a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak can allow unmetered air into the engine, which can cause a high or unstable idle, and even performance loss. The same can also be caused by a faulty idle air control valve, or an issue with the vehicle’s fuel system, such as a leaky fuel injector. If the check engine light is on, retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the issue.