Q: High fuel consumption and the scanner cannot read the O2 sensor(Bank1 sensor1, on the neck of the exhaust line)

My car is consuming so much fuel as I have earlier posted here. It was checked by my mechanic here in my country and it was discovered that the O2 sensor(Bank1 sensor1, on the neck) was not working. It was replaced but on scanning it again, the scanner couldn't read it ( it was just showing "please wait" endlessly) The socket was checked, it was in good condition but the voltage was 2V instead of 12V. So my question is what should I do to rectify the problem the problem so that the O2 sensor can start working. Thanks for your cooperation. keep up the good work.

The problem sounds like you have a scanner that is not totally compatible with your vehicle. You may need to try a different scanner to see if the new scanner can access the computer data stream to monitor the fuel control. You may have a problem with the MAP sensor on the engine causing the rich condition. The sensor is a common cause of running the engine too rich.

• High fuel consumption and the scanner cannot read the O2 sensor(Bank1 sensor1, on the neck of the exhaust line)