Q: High beams stay on

When truck is not running and I turn headlights on they are normal. When I flash high beams they stay on until I turn headlights off and then back on. With the headlights on normal and start the truck the high beams come on automatically and will not turn off. I feel as tho it's a relay problem. Where is the relay and how do I remove/replace it?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Any exterior lighting fuses or relays are going to be located inside of the fuse box under the hood. There will be a black box with a removable lid. Once the lid is removed, flip it over and it should have a diagram of all of the components inside and what system they protect. Locate any that have to do with headlights or high beams. You can test these, or you can replace them. If the fuses and relays end up not being your problem, you are going to want to look into the headlight switch itself. These end up getting a ton of use over the years, and are known to wear down eventually. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.