Q: High beams not working on 2005 Pontiac GTO

When my high beams are off they seem to have a small amount of voltage in them. You can see them glow during the day but barley. I just replaced my high beams and they worked for a while, but now they are out again. There is still just enough voltage in them to make them burn all of the time. But they don’t work in the high beam mode. I have checked all of my fuses and relays. Do you have any ideas on this?

In some cases, the connector can heat up if there is a short in the lighting circuit, and can melt on the inside creating a short that one can’t necessarily see. The lighting circuits are controlled by the BCM or body control module and the shorts can make their way back to the controller causing more problems. If you want this properly taken care of, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the headlights and let you know what should be done.