Q: Hi William, I'm trying to replace my alternator on a 2007 Lexus Es350 and I can't get the last bolt out thats under the alternator

So I was driving on the interstate when my radio began flashing, then my dashboards began flashing and lastly my headlights went off and the car started shutting down. I tried to jumpstart it and it did the exact same within 1 minute. I was told it was the alternator. So I purchased a alternator from Napa. I am trying to remove it. I can't seem to get to the 3rd bolt under the left side of the alternator. Please help!

If your ES350 was built after March 2006, per the Factory Service Manual, you have to remove the bumper of the car as well as other components to gain access. Due to the amount of disassembly required, if you have the alternator replaced by a mobile certified mechanic, it will be a lot more convenient for you and the repair can be performed at your location. You need only pay the labor charge, as you already have the part. You can get an exact written quote, and schedule the repair to suit your needs, by simply visiting YourMechanic’s alternator replacement service page. Once on that page, please click on "Get a Quote" and enter your vehicle information (year, make, model). If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi William, I'm trying to replace my alternator on a 2007 Lexus Es350 and I can't get the last bolt out thats under the alternator