Q: Hi Tim - my breaks seem to make a little click noise when I apply them moving at slower speeds (around 20 mph or less). I have not

When I am applying the breaks at a slow speed (around 20-25 MPH or less) I hear a little click or grind. The breaks are still performing well but I am a little worried about the condition of the breaks. I don't hear any squeaking.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. To be honest, in many case, a clicking sound while applying the brakes can be an indication of worn out front end suspension pieces as opposed to brake system issues. Sway bar links for example can make clicking sounds when the bushings are worn. If ball joints are worn, the shifting of the spindle can cause a clicking type sound also. A loose strut can also make a similar sound. Although it is possible that brake pads that are loose or a warped brake rotor could be the source of this noise, my best advice would be to have one of our professional mechanics come to your location and complete a car is making a noise when braking inspection. This will allow them to test drive your Jeep and inspect the front end components; including your brakes to determine what is causing the noise and what needs to be repaired.

3. Hi Tim - my breaks seem to make a little click noise when I apply them moving at slower speeds (around 20 mph or less). I have not