Q: Hi, so the car got jumped and turned on, but now it is cranking and not starting.

Hi, so I jumped my car and it started but now it isn't cranking and I don't know what to do next.

I suspect you have a faulty battery and I would start there. If the starter motor is not even cranking the engine, among the first possibilities is a weak battery, excessive voltage drop in the starter circuit due to poor electrical connections, or a dead starter/solenoid. Prior to performing diagnostics the battery should be load tested. With a battery in good condition and the immobilizer (security) system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi, so the car got jumped and turned on, but now it is cranking and not starting.