Q: Hi, so my '05 nissan Altima keeps melting the no.4 ignition coil. I replace it and turn the key to the on position

I dont know what the issue could be. Car gave out while driving. Thought it was over heating , cylinder coils was bad replaced ut and it melted another coil just from having the car "on" not running.

A: From the symptoms you've describe it wo...

From the symptoms you've describe it would appear that there is some sort of electrical issue with the ignition system.

I would check all of the vehicle's grounds to make sure that the electrical system is grounded and functioning properly. I would also check the alternator to make sure that it is not putting out excessive power, which can cause harm to your ignition coils. Once the electrical system has checked out, I would then proceed to inspecting and testing the wiring harness, ignition module, and then engine computer.

If you need help with these checks, get assistance from a certified mechanic who can diagnose the source of your electrical issue firsthand and repair it accordingly.