Q: Hi Peter , my question is should i replace the timing belt if my water pump is not performing correctly

Well my car started overheating jus the other day i got a new radiator n thermastat put in , like a month n a half ago n now im overheating unbearably ive put anti freeze in it but yet n still its still overheating. I was told i need a new water pump cause of no circulation running to the engine n a new timing is this correct.

If your water pump impeller is worn or corroded off then a replacement water pump needs to be put in. In order to replace the water pump the timing belt needs to be removed. It is recommended to replace the timing belt with the water pump. You should also replace the timing belt tensioner and pulley.

• Hi Peter , my question is should i replace the timing belt if my water pump is not performing correctly