Q: Hi Peter, my car is leaking regidgerant and i was told i need a new compressor and it will cost $600.00 .Does that sound correct?

I took my aveo in to be recharged because it was blowing hot air . when i took it in i was told they needed to run a test on it to make sure there we no leeks .I was charged $100.00 .They ran the test and recharged the AC telling me their were no leeks. Two weeks later I turned on the AC and it blew out hot air again so i took it back and was told the air compressor needed to be replaced and it will cost $600.00 . Is there any way to fix the problem other than replacing the compressor?

Hi there. In regards to the cost, $600 for parts and labor is about right for replacing the compressor on a 2008 Aveo. Without being their to inspect the AC system to pinpoint the source of the refrigerant leak, it’s hard to say or certain if this is the right course of action. It might be best for you have an independent mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an AC is not working inspection before sinking money in repairs that might not be the source of the problem.

• Hi Peter, my car is leaking regidgerant and i was told i need a new compressor and it will cost $600.00 .Does that sound correct?