Q: Hi Patrick my car started acting funny out the check light came on the car temperature Guage was on c then h back forth accompanie

Hi Patrick my car started acting funny out the check light came on the car temperature Guage was on c then h back forth accompanied a clicking during acceleration.

It is not clear if your vehicle is overheating but inasmuch as the check engine light is on, your best entree to a solution is to request a check engine light diagnostic. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM (that is, the specific codes have caused the light to set) and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you including looking at the possibility that the engine is overheating. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi Patrick my car started acting funny out the check light came on the car temperature Guage was on c then h back forth accompanie