Q: Hi my car shut off while driving but I can start it back and go so far and it do it again I change o2,knock sensor ingintion coil

Hi my name is tasha my2005 chevy impala ls 3800 car shut off while driving but I can start it back and go so far and it do it again I change o2,knock sensor ingintion coil.

A: Faulty oxygen sensors can not cause stallin...

Faulty oxygen sensors can not cause stalling. Ignition coils are a potential cause and can be tested although it is possible that an intermittent fault in an ignition coil would not be found. I would first hook up a scanner and look for Diagnostic Trouble Codes, if any were saved, and freeze frame data, if your computer reported any. This is likely an electrical issue and it could be as simple as a bad ground(s), loose fuse, or other wiring issue that might be discoverable on an inspection .

An auto electric specialist from YourMechanic can inspect the vehicle for obvious faults but if there are no Codes and the car is not stalling at the time of the Inspection, unless something obvious, or out of spec. appears, occasionally it can be difficult to trace. Ironically, the best circumstance would be if it stalls and won't re-start because that is much, much easier to diagnose than a problem that appears randomly. At any rate, stalling is quite a hazard, because other cars can crash into you, so I would recommend at least beginning a diagnostic in the hope that something is found in a systematic inspection.