Q: Hi my car idles a lot and shuts down when it gets to a stop

Hi my car idles a lot and shuts down when it gets to a stop

Hi there. Usually when your engine will idle high and shut off when you come to stops occasionally, it’s due to a vacuum leak. It could also be a problem with the idle control valve. The job of the idle control valve is to maintain and control a consistent idle speed. The ICV will help counter any extra loads put on the engine such as lights, stereo and air conditioning. This part will often malfunction due to excessive carbon buildup in the intake manifold. The best way to know for certain is to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete an engine idle is high inspection, so they can determine the root cause of this issue and complete the right repairs.

3. Hi my car idles a lot and shuts down when it gets to a stop