Q: hi, my car had a starter replacement last month and the ignition won't turn on until turning the key at least twice. Thank you!

hi, my car had a starter replacement last month and the ignition won't turn on until turning the key at least twice. First giving out a low hiss sound, afterward turn the key one or two more times it would start. It's not as responsive as before the replacement. I took it back to the auto shop where the starter was replaced, they couldn't find out the cause. Usually this happens after 2-3 hours of parking in Boston. Winter is cold but this didn't happen in the previous years.

What could be the possible problems?

Thank you so much for your trouble and time. I really appreciate it.

Warm regards, cg

Hi there. The hissing noise is your fuel pump priming; so this is normal. The ignition issue is sometimes caused by an internal component failure inside the ignition switch. However, it’s possible that the issue could be caused by an ignition relay that is slowly wearing out. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can hopefully replicate the symptoms and determine what needs to be repaired.

3. hi, my car had a starter replacement last month and the ignition won't turn on until turning the key at least twice. Thank you!