Q: Hi Joshua, BMW in San Francisco has my car because my engine overheated. They said that I need a new waterpump, overflow bottle a

My car overheated after driving on the freeway for 15 min and the red thermometer icon turned on. I pulled over right away and had the car towed to the BMW dealer where I've been servicing it. They said that my coolant got dangerously low which triggered the red light. And, I need a new water pump, overflow bottle and a coolant flush. Their estimate was $1800, but they were going to discount it to $1600. This seems high compared to the estimate on your site. Not sure what to do bc they have my car.

Hi Stephanie. Typically the estimates charged by dealerships are 30% higher - on the average - than what we charge at YourMechanic.com. We have much less overhead expenses, but use the same high-quality parts for replacement. We’d be more than happy to complete this service if you’d like. All you have to do is review our estimate and set up an appointment at your convenience. Thanks for writing in today!

3. Hi Joshua, BMW in San Francisco has my car because my engine overheated. They said that I need a new waterpump, overflow bottle a