Q: Hi Jose. I have 320i 2005 model with 113000km now. last service was in Dec 2013. Can you comment on any possible problem i might face? 2005 BMW 320i

Hi Jose. I have 320i 2005 model with 113000km now. last service was in Dec 2013. Can you comment on any possible problem i might face? I do small service myself. What do you think is going to cost me?

Hello - if the last maintenance was 3+ years ago, I would start by having all the fluids and filters refreshed: engine oil & filter, fuel filter, engine coolant. Drain the fuel tank, and get some fresh fuel in it. The automatic transmission is probably OK since BMW claims it has "lifetime fluid" in it. However, if the transmission has any odd behavior at all, don’t hesitate to have the transmission fluid and filter serviced as well. Pay attention to the brakes for any pulling to one side or the other (sticking calipers), and check the date on the tires [last 4 digits of the DOT code on the tire (ww/yy)]. Tires break down over time because of the ozone in the air, and can fail if they are simply too old. These services can be performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and make short work of this "catch-up maintenance".

3. Hi Jose. I have 320i 2005 model with 113000km now. last service was in Dec 2013. Can you comment on any possible problem i might face? 2005 BMW 320i