Q: Hi Joe, here's my issue... My 96 Ford Taurus is having starting problems.

Hi Joe, here's my issue... My 96 Ford Taurus is having starting problems. I have replaced the battery, the cables, spark plugs and and wires, as well as the ignition switch. The car will crank and drive, but after stopping and shutting the car off, it will not crank again. It doesn't even try to turn over, it's like there is a relay issue or something like that. It only does it once the car gets warmed up

The first thing to check is to test the small wire to small starter terminal and see if it gets power when you turn the key to the start position. If you are getting power then the starter is most likely bad and needs replaced. If no power to small wire then the neutral safety switch or ignition switch may be bad and need further testing.

3. Hi Joe, here's my issue... My 96 Ford Taurus is having starting problems.