Q: Hi, I was told by my local mechanic that my 2001 F150 5.4 V8 needed an engine swap. Do you know a range for labor hours and labor?

Hi, I was told by my local mechanic that my 2001 F150 5.4 V8 needed an engine swap. Do you know a book range for labor hours and hourly rate range for an engine swap with a salvage or remanufacture engine?

Hi there. The labor to remove and replace the 5.4 L engine takes 14 hours. That is for swapping the engine for another, but also there is an additional 5 hours for to remove the intake and heads if you are planning on swapping those parts too. Long block for a long block is 14 hours.

• Hi, I was told by my local mechanic that my 2001 F150 5.4 V8 needed an engine swap. Do you know a range for labor hours and labor?