Q: Recently changed my brake pads but it started to make weird sound and car was harder and harder to stop 2008 Toyota Prius

Hi i have toyota prius 2008 i recently changed my brake pads but it started to make weird sound and my car seem to come to stop slower but i ignored it for while but now my car wont stop at all until i forcefully park it . Do you know what it is and what should i do about it?

Hello. If this occurred right after the brakes were done then you have a problem with either the pads or the installation. Most of the time this occurs if the brake pads are put on backwards or if the brake lines were twisted when the calipers were installed. I would definitely remove the wheels and double check the brakes to see what is not installed correctly. If you want to have your brakes checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the brakes are not working] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brakes-steering-and-suspension-inspection

Hi - based on your symptoms, I believe the power brake booster has failed on you - gradually. The "weird sound" may have been air leaking through the vacuum diaphram or air vents, reducing brake boost. I would recommend a brake system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Recently changed my brake pads but it started to make weird sound and car was harder and harder to stop 2008 Toyota Prius