Q: Replaced the CV axle and now its hard to get it back in transmission and it leaks 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hi i have a pontiac 2001 grand prix and i have replaced the cv axel and now its hard to get it back in transmission and it leaks ttransmission fluid ive had A couple people try putting it in and they cant. do you know wat could be the problem?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi - the transmission end of the axle has a "compression snap ring" that must be "popped" hard back into the case - being careful that the splines are correctly lined up first. For assistance if you are concerned about "technique" or damaging the transmission, I recommend an axle replacement service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Replaced the CV axle and now its hard to get it back in transmission and it leaks 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix