Q: Replaced the CV axle and now its hard to get it back in transmission and it leaks 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hi i have a pontiac 2001 grand prix and i have replaced the cv axel and now its hard to get it back in transmission and it leaks ttransmission fluid ive had A couple people try putting it in and they cant. do you know wat could be the problem?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi - the transmission end of the axle has a "compression snap ring" that must be "popped" hard back into the case - being careful that the splines are correctly lined up first. For assistance if you are concerned about "technique" or damaging the transmission, I recommend an axle replacement service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Replaced the CV axle and now its hard to get it back in transmission and it leaks 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix