Q: Hi I have a Polo 2013 Comfortline and I've been struggling to get it running

It's a 2013 polo 1.6 comfortline have been struggling to get it running it had lightning damage we have checked the computer box plugged the whole set computer box cluster in other car it drives everything but when we start our car it dies we checked engine everything replaced the whole wiring loom as well could it be the other modules like the gateway or could the wiring be faulty I'm not too sure what to do but we had a full diagnosis does not pick anything up

A: Hello. If the vehicle was struck by lightni...

Hello. If the vehicle was struck by lightning, then chances are that the gateway is bad. Most of the time, this sort of damage will require the replacement of every module in the vehicle. None will be protected from this type of voltage. The way I diagnose this is by installing a scan tool and checking the communication with each module. This will tell me which ones are not working. At that point the modules can be replaced, programmed and rebooted correctly. You may need to consult with the dealer and explain the situation to see if they can help you out in any way. If you would like another technician to give it a check, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the electrical problems in person and advise you on any actions you need to take.