Q: hi I have a holden commador, vt, 1999 model. when I accelerated just leaving my drive way my revs go up to 4. what could be causin

You don't have HOLDEN in your car selection, I have a holden commador vt 1999 model, I have notice in the last week when I drive my revs go up to 3-4. I didn't think anything was wrong till I noticed when I leave my drive way my revs went up to 4, I am worried something is wrong. Any suggestions

Hello, thank you for writing in. While there are several components that can cause this issue, you may be looking at a torque converter or transmission issue. You may want to start with a transmission service including the fluid change and a new filter. Even without a warning light on, you may also want to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes in the case the computer has detected an electrical issue. Vacuum leaks can also cause these issues, and a quick check to make sure no hoses have come off may be worth your time. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. hi I have a holden commador, vt, 1999 model. when I accelerated just leaving my drive way my revs go up to 4. what could be causin