Q: Hi- I have a 2010 Buick Enclave. Is there any potential to cause issues with the EVAP system canisters due to parking on a steep d

Hi- I have a 2010 Buick Enclave. Is there any potential to cause issues with the EVAP system canisters due to parking on a steep driveway regularly? I ask because I had this issue with a 2007 RAV 4 and I don't want the same thing to happen with my Buick. It is the same driveway. The RAV 4 Technician told me that there was a problem with the way the RAV4 tank was designed that made hill parking a problem. This caused two charcoal canisters to fill with fuel! Thanks for your help!

Hi Jon. Thanks for contacting us today. In regards to parking on inclines frequently causing issues with the EVAP system, there is some merit behind that statement. The EVAP canister is designed to absorb fuel vapors from the tank before they enter the atmosphere. When a car is parked at an incline, fuel in the tank will flow to the front or back (depending on the angle). This can create excessive vapor and increase the amount of vapor absorbed in the canister. It’s incredibly rare for this to occur, but it is possible. A solution to this problem is to rotate the angle at which you park, meaning one day park with the front facing up hill, and the next with the front facing down hill. Make sure to turn your wheels toward the curb for safety reasons - but this might reduce the potential of this occurring.

3. Hi- I have a 2010 Buick Enclave. Is there any potential to cause issues with the EVAP system canisters due to parking on a steep d