Q: Hi I have a 2007 DTS... Coulum shifter... Will slide through all the gears but won't come out of park and light never comes out of

Hi I have a 2007 DTS... Coulum shifter... Will slide through all the gears but won't come out of park and light never comes out of

There are quite a few possible causes for what you are describing. For example, in order to shift a vehicle out of park, you must step on the brake. If you have a faulty brake light switch, the shifter is not going to move. It is also possible that the fuse that controls the brake light switch and shift lock has blown. This is pretty easy to diagnose: have someone stand behind your car while you step on the brake. If the brake lights do not illuminate, a bad switch is the likely culprit. A professional mechanic can quickly and easily change out the switch or fuse. Another possibility is a bad shift interlock solenoid or wiring. The shift interlock solenoid is a safety feature that has been added to all modern automatic-transmission cars. It prevents the driver from shifting out of park without a foot on the brake, working in conjunction with the brake light switch. If the solenoid or its wiring is damaged, you will not be able to shift out of park. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a park shift interlock diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi I have a 2007 DTS... Coulum shifter... Will slide through all the gears but won't come out of park and light never comes out of