Q: Hi, I have a 2003 Ford Taurus. Going down the HWY it stopped having the driving power to go. Engine is running. Pulled o er and a

Hi, So going down the HWY it stopped having the driving power to go. Engine is running. Pulled ovrr and a mechanic finally stopped to help. Jr did about half an hour of checking things or. Transmission fluid and such hr finally disconnected the solenoid th is located on top of the ttransmiatsion under the air filter housing and hose. Put it in drive and it went forward. Put it in reverse and it wanted to go forward not backward. I noticed that it didn't have the confirmationclick in the transmission that you normally have with vehicles. Now it's all the same but i have to give it a lot of gas power to start moving forward and slowly get up to say 10-15 mph. He said the shift interlock solenoid needs replaced and I would be good. When I called the parts store for pricing they said about $56 and that mechanic and the other one I talked to said it is about a $20 part. So I questioned him and then he told me the shift control solenoidis the one that is $20 is it the control or interlock s

3. Hi, I have a 2003 Ford Taurus. Going down the HWY it stopped having the driving power to go. Engine is running. Pulled o er and a