Q: Hi, I have a 2003 Ford Taurus. Going down the HWY it stopped having the driving power to go. Engine is running. Pulled o er and a

Hi, So going down the HWY it stopped having the driving power to go. Engine is running. Pulled ovrr and a mechanic finally stopped to help. Jr did about half an hour of checking things or. Transmission fluid and such hr finally disconnected the solenoid th is located on top of the ttransmiatsion under the air filter housing and hose. Put it in drive and it went forward. Put it in reverse and it wanted to go forward not backward. I noticed that it didn't have the confirmationclick in the transmission that you normally have with vehicles. Now it's all the same but i have to give it a lot of gas power to start moving forward and slowly get up to say 10-15 mph. He said the shift interlock solenoid needs replaced and I would be good. When I called the parts store for pricing they said about $56 and that mechanic and the other one I talked to said it is about a $20 part. So I questioned him and then he told me the shift control solenoidis the one that is $20 is it the control or interlock s

A: It sounds as if you are having further issu...

It sounds as if you are having further issues with your transmission. If the vehicle will only go forward and not reverse, it is possible that a shift solenoid replacement will resolve the issue. It is also possible that internal transmission damage may have occured. I would strongly recommend having your transmission inspected by a qualified professionial who is proficcient at transmission diagnosis. When your vehicle is hesitating to move forward, this sounds like the transmission is slipping. Maintaining proper fluid levels is essential to proper transmission operation. Be sure to have the transmission checked for leaks as well during this inspection.