Q: Hi i have a 2001 kia rio with about 130xxx give or take a few as im gping down the road sometimes it misses then goes down rd smoo

When I first start the car there is white smoke and water coming out the exhaust which I believe is condensation every so often driving down the road it has a misfire or Miss so I change spark plugs seems to be running fine but does it every so often still when I went to pull my plugs I pull one plug wire and it was covered with oil which I think came from somebody spilling when they were filling the oil but when I pulled my spark plug I had oil on the bottom of it I don't know if it came from the side wall because I bumped it as I was pulling it out or if it was from the motor other than the misfire the car runs awesome my check engine light came on couple weeks ago went and got that check said it was a bad thermostat so I change that and it said I had a small vacuum leak maybe like the gas cap I checked the car while it was running use starting fluid spray spread it around hoses check to see for a vacuum leak couldn't find one

Hello - the oil on the plugs and plug wires is probably from a leaking valve cover. Oil on the spark plug boot (end of the plug wire) or the outside of the plug can cause a misfire - the oil allows the spark to short to the cylinder head instead of creating a spark inside the engine. You don’t mention losing coolant after the bad thermostat, but if are losing coolant, the thermostat event may have caused enough overheating to cause a blown headgasket. This could also cause a misfire. I would recommend a valve cover gasket replacement to repair the known leak, by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and repair this problem.

3. Hi i have a 2001 kia rio with about 130xxx give or take a few as im gping down the road sometimes it misses then goes down rd smoo