Q: Check Engine light comes on and off depending on the weather. 1997 Ford Mustang

Hi...I have a 1997 Ford Mustang. The Check engine light comes on and off depending on the weather. The Ford dealership said the code that comes up is: P0302.

Hello - the P0302 is a misfire on cylinder 2. The misfire on this cylinder could be a weak coil pack, or plug wire (oil contamination applies here), or a spark plug with a gap that is a bit too wide. Since it is weather sensitive, could also be an injector that is dirty and not spraying properly as well. I recommend a misfire inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Check Engine light comes on and off depending on the weather. 1997 Ford Mustang