Q: Hi i got a question regarding my 05 Chevy Equniox. Coolant will disapeer and reappear at times but tempature will get in the red

Hi i got a question regarding my 05 Chevy Equniox. Tempature gauge will rise when I drive around 10 miles so I refilled with Coolant and then it disapeer and I woke the following morning and it reappear in the overflow tank.

Hi there. There are a few possible explanations for this issue. First, if you are using a higher concentration of coolant than the recommended 50/50% ratio of coolant to distilled water, it is possible that the overflow is due to the coolant expanding as it gets hot. Sometimes if the ratio is too big, it can cause restrictions in the coolant lines; which can also trigger higher temperatures in the engine. It’s also possible that you have an air bubble or several that are causing this issue as well. Restrictions or debris inside the heater core can also be a problem. It think it might be a good idea to first, have your coolant system professionally flushed and filled with the correct ratio of recommended coolant. If you’re still having problems after this, have a professional mechanic complete a car is overheating inspection, so you can resolve this issue before you have mechanical damage.

3. Hi i got a question regarding my 05 Chevy Equniox. Coolant will disapeer and reappear at times but tempature will get in the red