Q: Hi.i drive my car for about 10 minutes than shuts off. The dealer said I had water in my fuel tank can I just clean i

I drive my car for a good 5 minutes than it shuts off on me. The dealer said I had water in my fuel tank. Can I just clean the fuel tank. What is the best way to fix this. If there's water in my fuel tank would this happen?

Hello, and thank you for writing in. If you have water in your fuel lines or tank then you will likely have consistent issues with running. Your symptoms sound more like ice in the tank or the lines which would cause a delayed reaction. You should seek to use a product that is a fuel additive designed to melt any ice and overcome any kind of condensation. These products can be found at automotive parts stores and online. The moisture comes from the gas station storage tanks, and most gasoline is designed to overcome these issues (10% ethanol blends). Your vehicle does not let in much moisture. So make sure you top off after your additive (or instead) with a high quality gasoline. If you think this is not caused by moisture in the fuel tank then you want to turn your attention to the spark systen, fuel pressure, and potential electrical issues. For a second opinion, contact our service department

3. Hi.i drive my car for about 10 minutes than shuts off. The dealer said I had water in my fuel tank can I just clean i