Q: Hi I bought a car yesterday evening and the owner I got it from told me it overheats - 2000 Chevrolet Malibu

I'm would like to kn what I need too do my car runs hot and I put water in but it leaks out the bottom and I have too get a jump the car cuts off

Hello - finding and fixing the coolant leak is the first step, and it may be obvious what is leaking based on where the leak is. If the fluid is coming from the passenger side of the car, in line with the right, front tire, it could be the water pump. If coolant is leaking from the front of the vehicle, ahead of the wheels, it may be a leaking hose or radiator. I recommend an leaking coolant inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Hi I bought a car yesterday evening and the owner I got it from told me it overheats - 2000 Chevrolet Malibu