Q: Hi I have a question about my bmw x5.

I took my car to garage because engine was cutting out. After diagnostics it came up with loads of different codes eg. injectors, glow plugs, smooth running sensor and more...

Then mechanic rang me and said that battery was very low at the time he was doing the diagnostic. My question is:can low battery affect car diagnostic and throw codes that would not came up if battery was good?

Hi there. If the battery has a voltage of 9.6 or higher, then the vehicle computer (ECM) is capable of storing codes. If the battery has less than 9.6 volts, then the computer will reset and erase all data and any pending or stored codes. If you need further assistance with your battery, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi I have a question about my bmw x5.