Q: Hi got a Ford puma 1.7 2001 model went to put another battery on it and now there's no ignition lights it's completely dead would

Got a Ford puma 1.7 2001 model the battery was flat so went to put another battery on the terminals got hot a now there's no ignition lights nothing could there be a fuse gone

It sounds to me that you have a short in the system and it blew out one of the main fuses, or you hooked the battery up backwards and blew a main fuse. Make sure you hooked up the positive battery connection to the red positive battery cable and black negative cable to the negative battery connection. Look in the main fuse box and look for largest fuse and see if it is burned. If you hooked the battery up okay, the alternator may be shorted and burned out the main fuse. Make sure any extra aftermarket connections to battery, such as stereo amps, are not causing a draw on the battery.

3. Hi got a Ford puma 1.7 2001 model went to put another battery on it and now there's no ignition lights it's completely dead would