Q: My heater would not turn off at first and now my car is overheating. 2011 Dodge Nitro

Last Sunday the car heater wouldn't turn off..it started making a rattling noise towards the front of the truck.this morning on my drive to my job.I forgot to close the hood properly.well the battery light popped on and when I stopped it was smoking like crazy.I let it cool down and started it back up and attempted to drive I got around the corner and noticed the gauge moving into the hot zone.it started running hot..I need help

Hi there. Typically when this occurs it is because there is a cooling system issue with the vehicle. It can be an issue with the coolant being low due to a leak or it can be caused by an issue with another part of the cooling system. The fact that it appears to be getting rally hot right now it needs to be checked as soon as possible. Hopefully there is not any engine damage at this time. I usually start by checking the coolant level and then diagnosing it from there. If you are going to have this overheating issue repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the car is overheating] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection

3. My heater would not turn off at first and now my car is overheating. 2011 Dodge Nitro