Q: Hi Alex, my car was wanting to turn over. But now even my electric windows don't work. What is the problem? 1997 Honda Odyssey

My vehicle belt Was smoking . I tried to turn it over time and time again with resting the engine in between. And now my electrical system is down as well. What happened? Oh and she has been making loud sounds as well. Which I believe to be pully related.

Hello - based on your symptoms, I believe your serpentine belt (that drives the alternator) has failed, probably due to a seized idler pulley or alternator. This caused the noises, and slipping belt (smoke and belt failure). Now, your battery is discharged, without enough "juice" to run anything electrical on the vehicle. I recommend an electrical system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Hi Alex, my car was wanting to turn over. But now even my electric windows don't work. What is the problem? 1997 Honda Odyssey