Q: hi after month ago m bmw 325i 2002 lost oil and ia had to add 2 qurts every 500 t0 1000 mile what is the problem

hi after month ago m bmw 325i 2002 lost oil and ia had to add 2 qurts every 500 t0 1000 mile what is the problem

A: Check for any obvious oil leaks. Given your...

Check for any obvious oil leaks. Given your mileage, a failed rear main crankshaft oil seal is the most likely the cause of this oil consumption. In addition, if any of the crankcase ventilation components (like the PCV) have become clogged in recent miles, that will exaggerate this problem. Increased crankcase pressure forces oil out of the weakest seal. The undercarriage of the vehicle and the rear bumper may well have an oily film on it from this leak. I would recommend an inspection from YourMechanic to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage, and cost estimate for repairs. YourMechanic.com can dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location to help you resolve your oil leak.