Q: I have a bmw 328 xi and I'm putting power steering fluid in it everyday. I don't know if its the pump or the hoses leaking.

Hey joe i have a bmw 328 xi im putting powet steering fluid in it everyday i dont know if its the pump pr the hose it leaks alot petercrosby122013 @yahoo.com

Hi there. Check around the power steering pump and see where the leak could be coming from. If the fluid is around the fittings on the pump, around the shaft of the pump, or on the cap of the pump, then the power steering pump would need to be replaced. If the fluid looks like it is behind the pump, then there is a good chance that the hose attaching to the pump is leaking and needs tightened or replaced. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you locate the leaks to your power steering system.

• I have a bmw 328 xi and I'm putting power steering fluid in it everyday. I don't know if its the pump or the hoses leaking.