Q: Hey i have a 2000 focus and the heat blows hot but it only stays hot for about 1 minute then it goes cold. I have to wait 5 minute

Hey i have a 2000 focus and the heat blows hot but it only stays hot for about 1 minute then it goes cold. I have to wait 5 minutes before it blows hot again. It cant be the thermostat if it does blow hot could it?

Hi There, If your heat blows warm and then cold in addition to the engine overheating, this may very well be a thermostat issue. This may also be an issue of air being trapped in the radiator or heater core. This causes this type of cycling effect with hot and then cold air being blown into the cab of the vehicle. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• Hey i have a 2000 focus and the heat blows hot but it only stays hot for about 1 minute then it goes cold. I have to wait 5 minute